Flightlinez Bootleg Canyon is located approximately 30 minutes outside of Las Vegas in Bootleg Canyon, Boulder City, Nevada. With Flightlinez such a short distance from Las Vegas (and shuttle service provided from Excalibur), Flightlinez is the perfect extreme adventure to get away from all the chaos on the strip. At some point during your Las Vegas experience you might want a break from all the action. The views atop Red Mountain of: Boulder City, Bootleg Canyon, and Las Vegas was well worth the trip alone.
As a Canadian, I was excited to hear that Flightlinez is a Canadian company, with its main office out of Vancouver. The first Flightlinez originated in Whistler, British Columbia on Grouse Mountain. Flightlinez is known as the most exciting zipline course in the world. With 9 systems around the world, Flightlinez is more than a zipline; it is known as a flight line because it’s faster! Once passengers are geared up in their parasailing harness, they fly over 65mph down the positive lines. The longest line is just shy of 2 miles long! Zooming over Bootleg Canyon is an experience I will never forget.
My two and a half hour journey over Bootleg Canyon got my adrenaline pumping. The view of Lake Meade gave me a glimpse of a little turquoise in the desert. Lake Meade has 700 miles of shoreline and is one of the largest manmade lakes in the world. It was neat to see the old moonshine stills in the rocky desert below. Former moonshine
bootleg canyon, during the time of prohibition, has now been turned into over 40 miles of downhill mountain biking trails below, and with the famous Flightlinez above. Bootleg Canyon is located in Mojave Desert, the largest desert of the three in the United States. Boulder City is the only city in Nevada with no gaming. Boulder City is the perfect destination to get away from the business of Vegas!
10 Fun Facts:
1. Famous celebrities and T.V stars have ‘flown’ with Flightlinez
2. On the way to Flighlinez you will pass the first ever casino in Nevada: Rail Road Pass Casino
4. Four riders can ‘fly’ at the same time down the 4 different ziplines with Flightlinez
5. Flightlinez is located just 10 minutes from Hoover Dam and 5 minutes from downtown Boulder City
6. Flightlinez is open 7 days a week, 365 days a week
7. Flighlinez provides unlimited cold bottled water (remember you are in the middle of a desert after all)
8. You can rent a Go-Pro from Flightlinez to take with you along the journey
9. There is a fun 15 minute hike up a mountain bike trail switchback
10. The tour guides are fun, entertaining, and accommodating
I had the time of my life flying above the brown dusty desert. I’ve been ziplining before, but it was never as exciting as with Flighlinez. I’m an adrenaline junkie and the flight lines gave me a thrill. I can’t wait to try it again at the Venice Beach location in California.
Flightlinez Bootleg Canyon
1512 Industrial Rd.
Boulder City, NV 89005
*Media coverage for Flightlinez Bootleg Canyon