This month marks Turquoise Compass’ first birthday. It’s hard to believe that I have been blogging for one year already and that I embarked on my 14 month sabbatical from teaching to travel the world. I am 11 months into my gap year, and have 3 months left, yet I am surprised how quickly the time has gone. Throughout my travels thus far, I have visited 15 different places and I have more to go! Starting a blog when I started my travels has been one of the most rewarding experiences I have ever had. Documenting my experiences online allowed me to open up to others, while learning more about myself.
My blogging journey has been a positive and enriching one. Connecting with other travelers has been the best part throughout the journey! I wouldn’t be where I am today if it wasn’t for my loyal and turquoise loving followers. Thank you so much for supporting me and encouraging me throughout my trip around the world. I can’t thank you enough! Each and every follow, like, and comment means the world to me. Keep liking, commenting, and following my journey.
Here is a look at my journey over the past 12 months:
1. About Turquoise Compass
2. How Turquoise Compass came to be
3. I started receiving awards and being recognized by other bloggers in my second month of blogging
4. More and more people started liking my posts
5. Turquoise Compass’ theme and focus on turquoise travel became more apparent.
6. I started writing and guest posting for other websites
7. A photographer offered to provide me with a photo shoot for Turquoise Compass
8. Turquoise Compass became a way of life for me
9. Throughout my travels I have visited my childhood turquoise dream destinations: Australia, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico among others.
10. My social media sites started to grow Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
11. I connected in person with other travel bloggers
12. Other bloggers started sharing my story
13. Turquoise Compass traveled to 14 destinations.
14. The name Turquoise Compass grew to have significant meaning to me
15. And finally, Turquoise Compass is currently in the process of coming up with a logo!
This year marks Turquoise Compass’ first birthday, yet the journey is just beginning. The blogging road has taken me to so many new and exciting places (literally and metaphorically speaking). I’m eager to continue my search for turquoise destinations, while living my life to the fullest. I know the world has big things in store for Turquoise Compass and I am currently only seeing a glimpse of what’s to come (and that glimpse is bigger and better than I could have ever imagined). Each and every day I learn more about blogging, networking, and making the most of my travel.
Although I only have 3 months left of full time travel, my traveling will not come to an end when I go back to the classroom. My students will be the beneficiaries of my abroad travel and real world experiences. I hope to inspire my students to be future explores and to be in charge of their own destiny. As the quote on the top of my blog states, you are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream” C.S Lewis. I will still be looking for every opportunity that comes up to travel, experience, explore, and check off my bucket list items in this wonderful (and large) world we live in. I’m constantly dreaming a new dream and searching for new places to see and new things to do, whether locally or abroad.
Thank you again and Happy First Birthday Turquoise Compass!