My recent trip in Canada in between my abroad travels had me experiencing the best of what Northern Ontario has to offer with Tourism Timmins. Tourism Timmins had me out exploring the best of the best in the Timmins area. From walking an alpaca to canoeing to the remote New Post Falls along the Canadian Hudson Bay Company trading route, I did it all. Each region within Canada is unique to its own and northern Canada doesn’t disappoint, as it offers more to travelers than you can imagine. The options are endless. I’ve only had the opportunity to sample some of the best activities to do in northern Ontario, yet there are endless more for me to do when I return on my next visit.
There is no better way to explore one’s country than by becoming a traveler within it. Tourism Timmins set an amazing schedule to keep me busy and exploring more within my home country before departing for Europe. Stay tuned for more about each experience in Timmins. For now, here is a summary of the activities that kept me busy:
- Voyager canoe trip with Northern Spirit Adventures
- Pontoon cruise, lunch at Post 392, and ATV adventure with Wild Exodus Adventures
- Getting pampered at JustNatural Holistic Spa
- Getting up close and personal with moose and other wildlife on Cedar Meadows Resort & Spa’s wildlife tour
- Spa getaway at Cedar Meadows Spa Grande Nature
- Chalet staycation at Cedar Meadows Resort & Spa
- Buzzing around at the Timmins Ecological Beekeeping Association (TEBA)
- Forestry tour at Millson Forestry Service
- Holding a pose at Bodhi Tree Hot Yoga Studio
- Walking an alpaca at Dream Acres Alpacas open house
- Laser tag and bumper car fun at Neo Laser Tag Inc.
- Golfing around at Northern Swing Golf Center
- Learning about the Egyptians at the Timmins Museum National Exhibition Center
- Skating with the Gold City Roller Girls, home of the Gold Miners’ Daughters roller derby team
- Dancing my heart out at a Zumba class at Discover Fitness with Kate Durst
- Exploring the booths at Aboriginal Day in Hollinger Park
- Eating the best BBQ chicken at Timmins 12th annual Ribfest
- Hiking the variety of nature paths in the Timmins area
My Tourism Timmins Tour of Northern Ontario was beyond what I expected and I can’t believe how a region as remote and isolated as Timmins has so much to offer visitors whether they come from abroad or locally. I can’t wait to return to see what else I can get up to.
*Media coverage for Tourism Timmins